Career Niche

All Information about Carrer

Resumes

Coastal Highway work resumes in Mumbai; new deadline now Might 2024 | MumbaiNews

MUMBAI: The BMC has pushed the deadline for completion of the Mumbai Coastal Highway undertaking to Might 2024. Initially, the coastal highway was presupposed to be prepared by November 2023, however tunneling work was halted for 3 months after part of the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) bought broken. Civic officers mentioned they may resume work solely final week after the TBM‘s spare half, which is on the market solely in Italy, arrived.
Civic officers mentioned as 72% of the undertaking had been accomplished, it appeared unlikely to complete the remaining 28% by November, therefore the choice was taken to increase the deadline. Earlier, the federal government had introduced a delay in finishing the undertaking owing to a change within the span of pillars following protests by Worli Fisherfolk.
The ten.6km Mumbai Coastal Highway, stretching from Princess Road in Marine Drive to the Worli-end of Bandra-Worli sea hyperlink, could have twin tunnels, every operating 2.07km from Priyadarshini Park to Girgaum Chowpatty. Whereas the size of the north-bound tunnel from Priyadarshini Park to Marine Drive is 2,072m, the south-bound tunnel shall be 2,082m. The second tunnel is 10m longer owing to a slight curvature on the route.
Sources mentioned the contractor is now treading cautiously to make sure that the TBM doesn’t develop any issues till the breakthrough is achieved. A senior civic official mentioned: “At the moment, 156m of tunnel-boring works are left, however every day only some meters is being finished so there are not any hiccups once more. The primary tunnel took round a 12 months to be accomplished, however the second tunnel has been delayed as a result of TBM points.” The official added that they’re pushing for the breakthrough within the south-bound tunnel from Marine Drive to Priyadarshini Park by April 15.
The 12.2m-wide TBM is the largest used to date within the metropolis for any undertaking. It’s also the first-of-its-kind under-sea tunnel being executed within the nation. After the primary of the dual tunnels was accomplished, the preliminary plan was to dismantle the TBM and relaunch it from the work web site close to Priyadarshini Park. However, contemplating the advanced logistical work, it was determined to rotate the TBM and begin boring for the second tunnel from Girgaum Chowpatty aspect. Officers mentioned the relaunching of the TBM took shut to a few months and the boring work for the second tunnel was anticipated to be accomplished by December 2022, however as part of it broke down, work was halted.

LEAVE A RESPONSE

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *